Monday, May 5, 2014

One Thing Led to Another...And Some More Good Music!

After finishing yesterday's drum extravaganza, I did a little hunting for some of Zach Hill's (last drummer featured) other projects. I discovered experimental hip hop group, Death Grips. The song "Beware" from their album Exmilitary completely redefined hip hop for me.  The album also has an awesome cover design.

After listening to that song a few (dozen) times, I found the group And So I Watch You From Afar, completely unrelated to Zach Hill, but a great band.  This group is very similar to Battles, in fact, they've even borrowed some of Battles' guitar sounds. Their tags on bandcamp are "alternative instrumental rock", but they're much more than that.

Both groups are, for me at least, genre re-defining and illustrate that there's still hope for music.  More on that in the future.  For now, enjoy these finds!


No comments:

Post a Comment