Monday, January 26, 2015

A New Project For The Townhouse.

Richard Prince, Untitled Cowboy, 1989.

Although this blog is primarily my way of staying engaged with and satisfying my passion for music, I'm also very passionate about art.  So I had an idea.  I'm asking as many artists as I can get to agree to it a very simple question: "What is art?".  I'll then post their answers along with an image of their work and some links to find more of their work here at the Townhouse.

My hope is that this project can change that, and the question and the way artists answer it can become a doorway to a true pursuit of knowledge and understanding.  There are no requirements as to how the artists may answer the question.  I simply pose it, and they answer.  So stay tuned, and as always, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment